BAKE SALE FOR JAPAN
On Friday, March 11th, the people of Japan suffered an 8.9 magnitude earthquake with an after shock tsunami in the northern port of Sendai. This tragic event resulted in countries all over the world coming together as one to help the people of Japan put their lives back together by donating food, water, money and time.
In response to these devastating events, on Friday, March 25th, 2011 Cornerstone held a bake sale to raise funds for the KIBOU for Japan charity. To those who are unfamiliar with what a bake sale is here is a brief definition: a bake sale is a fundraising activity where baked goods such as doughnuts, cupcakes and cookies, sometimes along with ethnic foods, are sold. Cornerstone was fortunate enough to have both staff and students contribute delicious goodies such as brownies, cupcakes, and cookies as well as ethnic food such as sushi, onigiri (Japanese Rice Balls) and Korean pancakes which all sold instantaneously.
Our bake sale was such a success. It could not have been possible without the help of our student volunteers Hoon Ha, Ryosuki, Takeshi, Tomoki, Estefany, Nayeon, Orie, Margarita and Satomi as well as all of those who contributed by purchasing and donating. This tragedy has shown that regardless of where you come from and where you are,there are so many different and simple ways to come together and help one another.
AWARDED THE BEST TESOL PROGRAM IN TORONTO
Cornerstone is pleased to announce that our TESOL Diploma program has been chosen the Best TESOL program in Toronto by WILL Education, a student agency with seven offices across Canada.
Here are comments from graduates:
- Wendy was passionate for teaching students.
- She always encouraged students to do one’s best.
- I like creative teaching skill.
- Wendy is really kind. She has much knowledge about TESOL. It’s really helpful! If my friend want to take a TESOL, I’ll recommend Wendy’s class.
- I strongly respect her. Whatever she does is very respectable and professional. So I’m glad to meet such a great teacher like her.
- I learned so many good things from Cornerstone and the teachers.
- The teacher guided students very well to let them follow the lesson.
- Teacher explained lessons very clearly. I liked her teaching method.
- She is the best teacher who I’ve ever been taught ever. She teach students very well. She is very punctual. She has a lot of teaching skills.