STUDENTS SUMMARY 2011 (JAN - JUNE 2011)Registration Summary
- 95% of students register in Intensive Programs
- AVG registration is for 11 weeks
- AVG age is 25 years old
- Number of Students: 315 (July 2011)
- Class Sizes: 8 – 16 depends on levels/programs
• Brazil • Colombia • Chile • Czech • Ecuador • France • Germany • Japan • Korea • Mexico • Peru • Russia • Saudi Arabia • Serbia • Spain • Taiwan • Ukraine • Venezuela
What makes Cornerstone unique:
- The best downtown location. We are located on the 8th fl oor in a full-service,24 hour security, business building directly above BAY subway station
- Integrated ESL for Daily Life & Workplace students can learn English that is useful in workplace from beginner level
- Telephone English: Taking and Leaving a Message
- English for Food and Drink Staff: Serving a Table
- Business Writing: A Letter of Apology
- Interview Practice,Business Meetings/Presentations and much more!
- Variety of programs Business English,Real Speaking, Youth Bridge (year around), Summer Camp, Exam Prep (TOEFL/TOEIC/CEEP) IELTS (will be open in 2012), Work & Study, Internship, Pathway,TESOL, TEYC
- Excellent Facilities, Services & Support Staff Our current students enjoy Cornerstone because:
- they can learn Workplace English from beginner level. We understand that they wish to learn English for their future. Learning daily conversation does NOT help their career much
- they can switch programs. We offer a variety of programs, depending on students’ needs, wants, and interest in order to achieve their goals
- they like our downtown location, so they can go out anywhere they want after school with CLASSMATES! Easier to make new friends!!
- they like the friendly atmosphere. All the staff know all the students
- Professional teachers. Cornerstone is a full member of Languages Canada. We frequently do professional development, and we have a solid teachers’ evaluation system
- Strict English only policy
LET OUR STUDENTS SPEAK!
Ryoko. N (Japan) ESL
I was shy in Japan, so I couldn’t speak English first, but I could make many friends here and they are good to study English.
Every teacher gave me many chance to speak in English!
Diego (Mexico) - ESL
I have learned a lot and I think that my English skills are better now. My teachers all of them are excellent, especially Diane. I took her class for two terms and my English skills went up so much.
Estefury Pinto Villabona (Colombia) - ESL
The staff of Cornerstone is very good, Heather helped me a lot for homestay. I really loved speech that the owner of Cornerstone made when I arrived.
Felipe (Brazil) - ESL
Cornerstone is a excellent school. I love to study here and I am sure that experience was very important to my future and my life!
An, Minsun (Korea) - TOEFL
It was a great program! Tony, the teacher, is a great teacher. There were lots of homework, materials that we have to do and review everyday after school and there were lots of exercise in class!
Jakub (Czech) - ESL
I have been going to the Cornerstone only one month, but I had great time. Thank you!
Maria (Spain) - ESL
I am happy with my teachers and the program. I think that school is perfect to come to study English. All people is fantastic and the best experience
Diana Meskhadze (Russia) - ESL
I don’t afraid of English anymore. The study was interesting and fun. Thank you and see you next summer!
Tsai Ming Hsuan (Taiwan) - ESL
I love Cornerstone and I am so happy that I studied here. Thank you!
Wanying Song (China) - ESL
Thank you Cornerstone because I learned very much. Teachers are really good and take responsibility to every student. I love them!